Snowmaking lakes and hydro-electric dams
Located in the mountains, hydroelectric dams or snowmaking lakes are often subject to avalanches: the main risk is the consequences of an impulse wave created by an impacting flow.
- Engineerisk intervenes at the project stage or to back-analyze existing situations to:
- - Diagnose the state of the risks and define the corresponding scenarios according to the level of stake
- - Quantify these scenarios in particular thanks to modeling
- - Evaluate the parameters necessary for wave and run-up computation
- - Proceed with these computations thanks to analytical rules
- - Propose additional protection means to reduce or eliminate risks.
- This support makes it possible to supply the most stringent regulatory procedures in this field: Engineerisk provides the necessary services to the project managers or people being in charge of safety assessment.